A Python library that is a collection of functions that are used in the common network automation tasks. Tasks such as converting a BGP ASN to and from dotted format, normalizing an interface name, or "type 5" encrypting a password. The intention is to centralize these functions while keeping the library light.
Full web-based HTML documentation for this library can be found over on the Netutils Docs website:
- User Guide - Overview, Using the library, Getting Started.
- Administrator Guide - How to Install, Configure, Upgrade, or Uninstall the library.
- Developer Guide - Extending the library, Code Reference, Contribution Guide.
- Release Notes / Changelog.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Contributing to the Docs¶
All the Markdown source for the library documentation can be found under the docs folder in this repository. For simple edits, a Markdown capable editor is sufficient - clone the repository and edit away.
If you need to view the fully generated documentation site, you can build it with mkdocs. A container hosting the docs will be started using the invoke commands (details in the Development Environment Guide) on http://localhost:8001. As your changes are saved, the live docs will be automatically reloaded.
Any PRs with fixes or improvements are very welcome!